Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Scream

Goblin screams in pain
But what can I do?
A frightened being such as myself can do nothing
I am small with no strength
So I chose to shut my door
My work must be finished
There are deadlines
The screams wont stop
Someone put it out if its misery
If I had a weapon I would
Straight through the heart
For a few moments there was silence
Sweet silence
But it was short lived
Screams return
Will someone make it stop
After pacing for hours
I go to the king
Rant about this goblin and the screams and how I fear for the kingdom.
I don't know what I expected
The goblin's death
A reward
A room at the palace for my pitiful attempt at protecting the kingdom.
Instead he gave me a cup of tea
Told me to release the goblin
Dress his wounds
You and the goblin are equally my servants

No comments:

Post a Comment