Sunday, August 2, 2026

The Lenten Fast of Two Sisters

 Lord, I got so much stuff

Each bedroom has a pile of junk in it

Five bedrooms for three people

Its just too much

I've gotten to where I'm ashamed of Sheri cleaning up my house

Firing her is no good because she needs the money


Lent, a time of renewal

A time to offer all my sufferings to Him

An opportunity for more rosaries, confession, and ponder Divine Mercy


Happy Lent Laura

Not quite sure its happy, but happy Lent

What are you giving up for Lent

Well, I haven't thought about that

I know what you mean

Thought about giving up watching the news, it always makes me so darn anxious, and madder than a hornet

Pamela, I'm not good at giving up stuff, its so hard

Well, maybe you could offer forty free cupcakes to the first forty people that come in the shop

That's crazy talk, I got people to pay 

Ok, donate some stuff you don't use

Didn't Father Gabe suggest that at Mass

He sure did

Thank you for reminding me, I got so much stuff to give away

just make sure you do it 

Jesus is watching


Caffeine, it seems like a pretty good Lenten offering

No coffee, no cake, no tea, no chocolate

Thank God, I get a break on Sunday, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to make it

Gotta make sure I don't cheat especially after midnight

After all, Jesus is watching



No comments:

Post a Comment